Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dear friend..

Dear friend, walk in to the world with open arms,
But remember what you want to reflect or absorb,
Discover, that is what took you to new places,
But don't end up using it for your own selfish needs,
Invent, that is what brought us from darkness to light,
But don't end up turning the clear blue sky dark,
Be ambitious and have aspirations,
But remember that satisfaction holds the key to all happiness.

Stand up for what you think is right,
But don't end up carrying too much hatred instead,
Try to fight for all your rights,
But learn to adjust when the situation demands,
Learn to love by everything you have,
But don't let your expectations ruin it all,
Be fearless in all your actions,
But do fear the one who has a watch on all.

Travel as much as you want and as far as you can,
But don't forget to pause and reflect in between,
Live and enjoy your life to the fullest,
But don't give this as an excuse to your responsibilities,
Be a part of the sweet music around,
If nothing exists then make some of your own,
Don't hesitate to dance to the tunes of life,
But do make sure that the steps are your own.


(dedicated to all my fellow human beings....)

6 comments:

manik said...

This post reminded me of the letter by Abraham Lincoln to his son's teacher..
I don't think I need to say anything more..
After reading this, I feel that you can be one of the finest "thoughtful" writers in current times..

Keep up with your passion :)

Warm Regards
Sourav Das

swati nidiganti said...

Woah!!! Too big a comparison but thanks a lot for the encouragement..
An idle mind is not always a devil's workshop! :)

SSVC said...

I logged into blogs to comment exactly the same thing what manik has said, this reminded me of the famous letter of the Abraham Lincoln…

And more than that, while reading your poem in isolation, I feel that I am the intended recipient of the message in the poem. I am sure whoever like me venturing into the new land, feels the same. That speaks of the richness of your literary work!!

Now I am waiting for the reply, just as the reply to the Lincoln's letter by Headmaster... I am sure It will be another delight!!

Anonymous said...

Your best so far! Good work!!

vijeta said...

superb!!!! u are slowly becomig a writer.... good work..

swati nidiganti said...

@SSVC: Thanks yaar.. It goes well for many like us. Not sure about the headmaster's reply, haven't read that one.. Do share it if you find it somewhere.
@Mute spectator: Thank you sir.. My company in hyderabad has been quite influential :)
@Vijeta: Thanks dear.. :)