Sunday, June 26, 2011

5 things I love/will miss about Hyderabad

There were a lot of things in my mind when I was leaving Hyderabad and I was not in a position to collect all of them. Now that I am alone at home, I finally decided to pen down my thoughts. Though the list is endless, this is just the top five in the list of things I love/will miss about Hyderabad.



5. Watching Movies - Well, I know watching movies anywhere else would probably be the same but I wonder when again I would be in those spirits to watch any random movie for no reason at all! Well the only reason I can now think of is that "it is a weekend"! And hence I ended up watching movies like the super duper hit - Prince and the retro style all time favourite comedy - Action Replay! Though I should add that I had awesome fun watching them, after all it is the company that matters. Now, that there are no theaters in Shillong I will definitely miss it even more.

4. The grand architecture – Within my first month itself in Hyderabad, we went for a full day Hyderabad darshan trip and I was awestruck with the beauty of the grand palaces, forts and museums. Looking at those massive structures, a tiny part of me dreamt of being born in the Nizams family. The history is even more interesting. Cannot forget to mention the beautiful laser show at Lumbini park, the famous Charminar, the glowing Necklace road, Hussain Sagar lake and the literally enlightened Buddha statue. As a child I had always dreamt of going to these places at night with friends and this wish was fulfilled on my last birthday, what more could I have asked for.

3. Hyderabadi delicacies – By the time I came to Hyderabad, I had lost interest in Chicken and Rice was never a favourite! But the Hyderbadi chicken Biryani changed all my taste buds and no matter how much I crib about having put on weight but I just cannot resist when that delicious bowl comes in front of me J Hyderabad undoubtedly, is a delight for foodies and especially non-vegetarians. Be it the expensive multi-cuisine restaurants or the average roadside chicken centers, taste is something which is never compromised. Though I will enjoy shedding some unwanted fat from my body, but the Paradise Biryani will truly be missed.

2. Night life - Coming from Nagpur, I had hardly walked on the streets after 11. Though it is a safe place to hang out but there is hardly anything interesting open after 11. Hyderabad gave me a whole new opportunity to enjoy the so called “night life”. It started with the dream bike rides and roadside (Bomarillu style) ice cream and ended up with the long car drives and fancy ice creams. Our lift used to be shutdown and building used to get locked at 11 but in spite of those hassles we continued our adventure as the ice cream was too sweet to resist and the fun too much to give up.

1. My Shreetam – I have taken the liberty to call him mine and I will try not to fall short of words at least this one time. When I first met him in Hyderabad, I learnt about the concept of selfless service to friends. On spending some time, I learnt the art of understanding and exploring the various facets of life. I started to think, started to live meaningfully and more importantly started to love! I have seen life like never before. It will be difficult to give a name to this relationship so I will just call him my Shreetam (just as we say my friend, my love etc) :) Leaving Hyderabad this time, I left a part of me behind and I will definitely come back to this beautiful land to reunite with that inseparable part.

2 comments:

Neha said...

"I left a part of me behind and I will definitely come back to this beautiful land to reunite with that inseparable part"

Lovely line :)

swati nidiganti said...

@Mute Spectator: You have started using smileys under my influence!!! That one is special, I will keep it.. :)
@Neha: Thanks.. You know how it must have felt!