Monday, October 12, 2009

Simply WOW adventure trip


6.30 am ?!?!
It had been ages since I had last seen the early morning sun and absorbed some healthy radiations! Somehow, this was no ordinary day. No it wasn't my first day at college or my AIEEE exam day or a life turning interview. It was just an office trip to Maitriban, an adventure camp. Now that I have been to many trips with the most rocking people in college this might not sound so exciting. But it was important because I was supposed to rediscover myself and as expected, I rightly did :)

Welcome to Maitriban, an ideal spot for naturalists, bird-watchers and adventure enthusiasts (as per the pamphlet)!!! In fact the guys did have a good watch, thanks to the delicate dolls(dd) of the new ELTP (entry level training program) batch. I will not furnish any further details here, as a few of them will be reading this as well ;) And those few are the ones with whom we spent most of the day, did all breath taking activities and thanks to them that we finally feel a part of the persistent family. I wonder how will I part from this family, if ever I do! Anyways that's a far fetched thought, right now I want to live for the moment. Wow, that's like Swati :)

So coming to the adventure trip, it was supposed to begin at 7.45 am sharp and as expected it began (as per IST standards) at around 8.30 am. So I utilised the time to take a short walk to our very own campus and relive some moments. After making some calls, clicking some pics and pulling some legs we finally got settled in bus and left for the spot. Here begins the fun with all the singing and dancing and I couldn't stop thinking of our tronix trips. In fact we got real and imaginary couples here too!!! (for more details contact me personally :)) After a 45 min travel we reached the spot on the outskirts of zhilpi lake and I crossed another item from my bucket list. The beauty and serenity of the place is beyond words. After having a quick breakfast we headed to our first activity that was rappelling. Believe me when the guide was demonstrating the equipments and explaining how to use them, it felt like we were up for some roadies task! And when I was on the cliff, I did miss a beat, in fact more than one.. I had second thoughts but couldn't back out, reputation ka sawaal hai! So finally, I went down and fortunately I went only down and reached ground in 5min (no i wasn't any expert, it was only a 50m cliff) It looked like a one hand job once I touched ground. Then we had some time pass games, which as per the guide taught us importance of team building and strategic planning :P After the tiring first half we were back to our tents for lunch.

For the second half we were divided into groups and luckily or strategically we were placed into the so called happening group. And then began a series of activities which included river rafting, archery and river crossing. First and the best of all was river rafting and before you imagine the scene, let me tell you that it was on a very steady water body and our chhotu guide took extra efforts to give us a feel by moving the raft haphazardly and throwing water all over us. Few of the dare devilry guys jumped off the raft to have a better feel, while a few like me just kept planning to do so. Completely drenched we came back, changed and headed for archery. And unexpectedly I did hit the target twice though not a bull's eye but trust me any hit on the board was commendable, its not that easy after all. And the last activity of the day was river crossing, which was more of a naala crossing but involved the same amount of courage. Though it looked very easy but turned out to be difficult only for me as I got hung up there unlike others and had to pull my way through. As per the plan, this was it but no one Check Spellingwas willing to leave (As it is rightly said, humans can never be satisfied) So somehow, we managed to arrange for a bon-fire and then we all danced around it singing some old melodies.

Over all it was an amazing experience. And the cranky jokes, intelligent comments and timely pjs added the most essential extra element of fun . After a long long time my camera saw light. And each and every moment was worth capturing and preserving..

(To all the committee members, whom we call the elite group at Persistent)
PS: the 'we' includes gayatri and me :)

6 comments:

GaYaTrI said...

I'm disappointed... No mention of moi!! *sob sob* :( ;) :P

SSD said...

How come we never heard of this place? Its probably a bit far to go by bikes.

Waise, I know of all the places around Ngp, thanks to the research I used to do before going on our K trips.

swati nidiganti said...

it is not very far.. even i was wondering how come we never heard of this place!

GaYaTrI said...

Ghanti
Tu bas Datar ko hi reply kar... mujhe mat kar... :X

swati nidiganti said...

useless... tere bolne ke baad hi maine woh last note add kiya hai..

Pratham Dev said...

why ppl r gossiping in comment section .. @ datar thank god we dint go here .. otherwise pura din alpha wud have tried to show the alphaness and boasted for the next three months.. I always knew abt this place .. but dint bring it up because of K thing .. pakka koi marata tha