Friday, October 1, 2010

Reading between the lines...


I come to life, with the first rays of the day,
Waiting to get attention from the millions away,
Along with a cup of warm coffee or tea,
For many of them, the day starts with me.

Splattered with blood and vicious thoughts,
I carry it all, to every house I go,
I wonder if there is something for me in it,
Carrying the burden of a selfish universe

A few smiles is what I treasure the most,
For over a million people have lost all hope,
Rich or poor, no difference it makes,
For it is here, money loses its race.

Days pass; For months I lie idle,
In some corner of a room, in the minds of a few,
I wonder if there is any difference I make,
Sold in the end at the mere value of weight!



PS: I always wondered what a newspaper would say if it had a life, here it is for you all to listen..


6 comments:

Mute Spectator said...

Wow... Impressive. Nice idea. Brilliantly presented. Some of the lines are simply amazing.

Keep writing. Way to go Swati!!

Unknown said...

Nice thought penned down creatively!

N!H!T said...

very nice....
touched...

swati nidiganti said...

@Shreetam: Thanks, for the idea, the support and the comments.. :)

@PD, Nihit: Thanks a lot..

abhishek gupta said...

sahi yaar.. tu to theek thak likh leti hai.. nice one :)

sowmya said...

Awesome poem swati!..very creative :)