Tuesday, August 3, 2010

At the crossroads of life..



Times change and so do people, is what we generally say,
Though I am starting to believe, it’s time that changes people,
As much as I would like to say that people change times,
But here I am, myself alone, filled with contentment and regret,
For what I have got from life and what have I given back to it,
For what I am blessed to have and what I didn’t fight to make right.

I want to put both in a balance and toil for the results to bend to my side,
And when I am successful, do the same for the next person beside.
Let all the sorrows vanish or give the inner strength to hide,
I can’t go like this, for long, on this mystifying life’s ride.

I don’t mind if my eyes get wet but not by what came my way,
But by the rain where I once danced my heart away,
I want to breathe the same air again and laugh the same way,
I want to make every moment perfect and cherish every day
But something is stopping me, something is blocking me,
And I don’t have the answers, nothing yet, indeed.

Here I am, standing alone at the crossroads of life, wondering, contemplating,
How do I cross without interrupting the traffic, without causing any harm,
And while I wait impatiently for the roads to clear,
I might be forced to reconsider the path, by a deep down fear.



8 comments:

Mute Spectator said...

Beautiful poem. Vividly articulated imagination and wonderfully captured metaphors.

Lovely. Keep writing.

P.S. Try experimenting with using fewer words to express the same thought that you have done in here. I have a feeling the poem will come out even more beautiful. Right now it sounds a little verbose.

Unknown said...

Beautifully expressed. Period :)
I share the same feelings, and the way it ended and the title, so so apt!

Respect. Period.

neha jain said...

No words.
I feel like reading it again and again.

SSVC said...

Beautiful Expressions and equally mysterious!!!

The person reading this poem will think again and again and again..(atleast true in my case)!

Another FEATHER in 'caps' !!!

Rohit said...

Wow!! What a meaningful expression.

swati nidiganti said...

@Shreetam: Thanks, will keep that in mind.. Not very good with prose and poetry!
@PD: Thanku Thanku Thanku.. Youare the inspiration.
@Jain: Thanks sweetheart..
@SSVC: Mysterious indeed! :)
@Rohit Sir: Thank you..

Mute Spectator said...

@Swati: You are good, and I do not think there's anything to dispute that.

The question is: Can it get even better? Whatever I said, was an personal opinion, with every chance of it being wrong.

swati nidiganti said...

@Shreetam: No second opinion about your opinion man.. Your opinion will always be valued..
And yeah, I know I am good :) Someone told me I have the gift of words so every advice for improvement is welcome..