Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A year that passed by..

Lost in my own small world, I had no account of how days were rolling by. A few days back, when I was working on a scheduling devreq on Client Application in 7.0 (this is only to emphasize on the fact that I do work in office) in office, I noticed the date and was surrounded by a bunch of heavy emotions difficult to list here and much difficult to gather together.

I could not believe it.

Never thought it would be so easy..

Never thought I would be able to do this..

Never thought I would be able to do this without shedding tears every day..

After bidding good bye to my closest associates, when I used to go home everyday riding my wave with wind gushing over to my face and happy – sad memories from the past running in the background of my mind, I always had this sinking feeling that these are few important people in my life whom I might not be able to see again! But luckily for me, this did not happen. One of my dearest friend cum hostel-mate cum dynamite partner staying with me for months, few of my best friend’s close friends coming to Nagpur for reunion, many of my close acquaintances and respected figures turning up for the college reunion, going on trip to Ahmedabad to relive a few moments and strengthen a few bonds, building up new relations and rediscovering old relations at PSL and having the first secret keeper friend, spending some gossip nights at VNIT hostel with my beloved archi dynamites, moving to Hyderabad and reliving college life with some just-acquaintance VNITians, trip to Bangalore to catch up some old friends and laugh on some old meaningless jokes and last but not the least spending the best time of my life in Hyderabad with a bunch of VNITians with whom I never thought I would share my life with.

Now when I look back, though it would be unfair and also incorrect to say it is not those four years that I miss terribly but it is this one year that I treasure more which has given me the strength to keep the memories of those four years locked safely in my small box of valuables and has given me a hope that someone somewhere is always made for you to fill some colours in your otherwise boring life.


To all those wonderful people..

11 comments:

Neha said...

Nice blog.As always..
Keep it going sweetheart..

swati nidiganti said...

@Neha: Thanks, there was something for you. I am sure you got that.. Miss you..

priyanka said...

nostalgic ...... nice blog dear.... keep goin!!!

abhishek gupta said...

mast likhti ha yaar tu.. chalo kuchh to dhang ka karti hai tu.. :P :P

nice one..keep it up...

Mute Spectator said...

Change is beautiful - It is life's own sweet little way of adding to your memories that needs to be "locked safely in your small box of valuables."

swati nidiganti said...

@Priyanka: Thanks.. Miss you!

@Abhishek: Hello, main testing bhi dhang ka karti hoon :P
Thanks :)

@Shreetam: Couldnt agree more.. Thank you for a few inputs into that box!

Gaurav Garg said...

""bas yaadein yaadein reh jati hai kuch choti choti baatein reh jati hai...""
We gotta how much we miss something only when we live without that.....
4 years went like a JetPlane..we never realized wht we are passing by..and now even 4 hrs without it pains...........badly miss those days..even i say a single moment I remember gives me a feeling i cannt express in words..

..thnks Swati
for ravishing those days..

chetan vikram said...

the strength of friendship and acquaintance is realized only after the 4 yrs get over. during the course of beautiful moments inside the campus, its difficult to realise what we r going through and carrying with time.... Your account of last one yr. shows that u have carried the spirit and the "value" of friendship forward.....
Keep it up!

Unknown said...

hey swati nice blog... :-)

swati nidiganti said...

@Gaurav: very well said.. "bas yaadein yaadein reh jati hai kuch choti choti baatein reh jati hai..." Un chhoti chhoti yaadon aur baaton ke sahare puri zindagi kat jati hai..

@Chetan: Life gave me that opportunity and I welcomed it with open arms.

@Rujuta: Thanks :)

manik said...

Very well written.. Keep writing// :)