Saturday, February 13, 2010

First trip to Hometown - Part 2




After a hectic week at work I have finally gathered all my thoughts on my last two trips to Nagpur which have left me moved more than ever. My first trip was for the engagement of my two close friends and as if that was not enough my second trip followed immediately a week later for a family friend's marriage.

I left Hyderabad full of excitement, some of the many reasons being, it was my first trip to Nagpur after my relocation to Hyderabad, it was my best friend's engagement, it was the first reunion for all of us after college. And I was not dissappointed in any of my expectations. I had the best time after having left persistent! The useless talk with college friends, the leg pulling session, the night stay at hostel, the same old mess food, the much awaited feast and the sunday tiffin, the jokes and the laughs, the dressing up for treat, the non-ending photoshoot, the Persistent reunion with ex-team mates and friends on and off work, everything was exactly as I had imagined or in fact better than that!

But the most over whelming part was the engagement. Now if you are wondering what is so over whelming about an engagement then it would be hard for me to explain. All i can say is you will understand when one of your best friend will be on the engagement chair and you will stand next to her wondering is she grown up enough to take up such a big responsibilty and fearing is my time approaching too!!! Will I be the next! Though it sounds over dramamtic but that is what came to my mind and that is what my dad asked me when he called me then. All through the engagement fro the time I took my friend to saloon and she was turned from a normal looking college going girl to a lovely pretty soon-to-be bride, I could not stop asking her again and again how was she feeling! And all through she told me, "something weird but not fear"! And it went well till she sat on that engagement chair next to her soul mate. And that is when a strange thought stuck me, that now on we cant just hang out the way we used to before.. Till now, it was like. I am bored, I am off, I want to do something crazy, I feel like having pani puri, I want to just hang out with her alone, I used to just ring her and say aaja.. But now!!! I probably cant expect this once she is married. That will be too much to ask for, she might say "wait, unse poochhke batati hu!" and I felt weird after that point. People say life changes. I realised it when I left college and joined job.. But I had never thought how it will change after marriage! Now that I have realised it, I am certain to stay away from it for a good enough period! :D

An intelligent friend of mine once said long back.. "Kya be, log shadi kar rahe, itne bade ho gaye kya ki bachcho ki responsibility le sake!" (This is a subtle version of what he actually said!) I had a laugh then and thought "grow up man"! But now I agree, "abhi toh hum bachche hi hai yaar!"

For our glourious days which will soon be coming to an end..

6 comments:

Neha said...

word to word i can relate to my feelings..good job ghanti!

swati nidiganti said...

:)

Thanks..
And you know what.. I am definitely not next! If you understand what I mean..

SSVC said...

@Swati & Neha : "I am definitely not next! If you understand what I mean..
"
Is baare me tum dono me kuch mutual understanding hai kya? ;-)

Ya but truly, seeing my classmates getting married really makes me think 'have we all grown so older?' Although none of my 'male' friend (sorry can't use Boy here ;-)) has dared to loose his freedom yet, am sure someone will very soon ! And that makes me really feel nostalgic about the Golden Days I spent with all my friends during childhood, in school and college! Every such function is heavy realization of this fact that "Grown up man! Face the world now!". A very apt Marathi shlok I would like to quote here-

"लहानपण देगा देवा,मुंगी साखरेचा रवा
ऐरावती रत्न थोर,त्यासी अंकुशाचा मार "
(Oh God, please give me my childhood back, my childhood- full of sugar and sweets ! Because, though the Airawat (the Royal elephant of Lord Indra) is a Great Ratna of the Gods, he still gets prodded with the goad!)

How True! How True!

kanika said...

Good one swati..But I m sure u can still hang out with your frnd...Are the names of the married purposefuly not mentioned?

swati nidiganti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swati nidiganti said...

@Kanika: kind of, yes.. Not sure if they are willing to share..