Friday, May 15, 2009

The parting moment..



Cant believe the time has come that I am writing this..

Before I realized and could grasp the fact that my college life has come to an end I was bidding good bye to people with whom I had laughed and shed tears in good and bad times, with whom I had shared my little-big secrets, with whom I had spent my days and nights talking about my  crushes, with whom I had spent the best days of my life, with whom I thought I was friends for life never to be separated but there I was standing at the crowded railway station parting with those special friends.. and the worst part is not knowing when will I ever see them again considering that some are from far remote places like north east which takes a 36 hrs journey to reach those damn naxalite areas.. Tears rolling down as if two taps fitted in eyes and left open till eternity..

Holding hands for the last time..

Hugging tight for the last time..

Looking into each other’s eyes for the last time..

(This seems too farfetched as convocation is only a few months away but ‘the last time’ sounds more effective and touching and anyways who knows who all can make it to convo considering their busy schedules.)


Now when I sit back and relax at home thinking what I did and achieved these four long years in VNIT, FRIENDS is all I can think of.. Ya surely I did get a job but that hardly required any of the crappy technical knowledge which my so called teachers imbibed in me in these 4 years. Experience with people and situations is all I am taking back. There was a time when I wanted everything to be planned in advance and safe & secure but now I want everything to be adventurous and SOMETHING DIFFERENT.. There were times when I used to call every person I laughed with my friend but now I know that acquaintances are many of which only a few are friends. There was a time when I used to get disturbed by any unhealthy comment passed on me but now I only care about what my friends think and I love it when they call me frustoo or harami.. There was a time when I used to hate those who love me but now I have learned to respect feelings.. There was a time when I used to hate groupism but now I am friends with the two most rocking unsophisticated gawaar groups of VNIT.. There was a time when any moment of fun was heaven but now I know that “Sometimes people are special, sometimes situation is special and when that situation is shared with those friends then its called heaven..”

Remembering all those heavenly moments sitting at home is painful but equally satisfying, those were the best days of my life….

 (In remembrance of all my friends whose lines I have plagiarized and whose references I have made. Missing you all)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen ... ;)

Unknown said...

hmm.. good..
words just flowing from your heart
into our hands i must say..
natural and TRUE :)

will always love to read
anything you write..
be the same.. natural..

Anand R Dedhia (@Hannu_Man) said...

Indeed very touching moments were those.i remember last 3 days at the station where there are around 100 VNITians waiting for the train and only a couple of them boarding it and most others crying :)i possibly can never forget the day i myself left the station.

AvinashChopde said...

We missed one more such moment coming.. Sab ke taraf se thappad marke aana wo chutyo ko. Neta hai tu hamari!

I like this :)